Thursday, December 28, 2017

12 Tags of Xmas #12

Here's my offering for tag #12 of The Funkie Junkie's 12 Tags of Xmas:




This is Linda's tag for inspiration:

I was inspired by the cream-and-red plaid background, the ric rac, the random trim, the random ephemera, and the "Happy holidays" as sentiment choice.  I also went with the spirit of Linda's post: kind of used bits and pieces from my desk and other projects for this tag to come together.

Supplies and notes:
  • Library catalog card base coated with Finnabair's crackle paste (not a huge fan, by the way) through Tim's mini Argyle stencil
  • Card them dipped in Candied Apple DOx
  • Ric rac from my snippet jar glued to reverse of bottom; black and white ribbon also from snippet jar (decidedly leftover trim as Linda had done with her bits of different trim)
  • The focal panel was also a "leftover," chosen from my Christmas stash bag.  It was an embossed piece of metallic kraft-core, embossed with one of Tim's holiday EFs and colored with AIs. I cut out to fold and used Recollections beads to affix it.
  • "Happy holidays" sentiment from Tim's holiday metallic quotations.
  • Charm from a goodie bag from Linda and her shop-- it's a really nice two-sided charm, by the way.  Thanks, Linda and Funkie Junkie Boutique crew!  (I love shopping through Linda's shop and buy as much of my supplies from her as I can-- great prices, super-quick shipping, and I love supporting her small business.)
  • Tim's mini greenery pre-cut from metallic craft-core.  This was already on my desk, and I decided to actually paint the reverse with Distress Paints in Peeled Paint and Frayed Burlap.
  • Viva Paper Pearls in Cream across the top as a final touch.
I still have one day to complete Tag #11... sad to see this coming to an end.  It's been a wonderful distraction this holiday season!

3 comments:

  1. I did not know this stamp was made into an embossing folder - how incredibly cool! I love every last detail of this incredible tag. I feel the same way and am always sad to see this one end. Go girl go - one to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Mimi! What an eye catching focal image on this! I love the industrial feel and how you've added color to your embossed panel. I have so much catching up to do, so I will be around to see all your entries eventually! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love that metallic embossed panel and the effect with the alcohol ink to grunge it up! Great distressed background too. I'm delighted you played along again this year. Thanks too for your kind words about The Funkie Junkie Boutique :) Sorry I'm running a little behind schedule with closing out the challenge. I'll be back tonight with the winners post. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete