Sunday, September 25, 2016

Drink up, me 'earties...

...Yo-Ho!


I have Disneyland fever so bad right now... I might have to miss work in the spring, LOL!!!

This large tag was made just for the challenge at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers:


Supplies:

  • Heavy packing kraft cut into a tag and bordered with cloth tape then coated with black Liquitex gesso
  • Stripes made by daubing a mixture of Chipped Sapphire and Seedless Preserves Distress Paint through a Martha Stewart stencil
  • Feather from K & Company
  • Lace from the 1980s.  It was originally part of my sister's halloween costume when she was a rocker (think Madonna...), and then it ended up in the Barbie box as part of Barbie's wardrobe, and it was most recently posessed by my youngest daughter... I was cleaning out her Barbie box and lo', look what I got!  Delicious '80s trim!
  • Gems from a value-box of gems my sister sent my kids last xmas.  I inked them with Slate and Purple Twilight Adirondack alcohol inks and adhered them with Glossy Accents
  • The Jolly Roger was stamped by using Invoke Arts stamps with Distress embossing ink and Custer's Last Stamp EP
  • "Yo-Ho" written with Thickers
  • Tim's StampAnon Ledger Script stamp inked with VersaMark in Champagne ghosted over parts of the card, and a Stampendous halloween raven stamp with script inked in Ranger Archival in Jet Black added
  • "...a pirate's life..." added with a mixture of black and white gessos, which I also used to accent the Thickers
  • Couldn't figure out how to improve this without making it cheesy, until I had another lightbulb moment: Lindy's Stamp Gang Moonshadow Mist in Ethereal Emerald!  BOOYAH!!!  
A pirate's life for me, ladies... 

11 comments:

  1. Great piece of upcycling with the lace, and bonus brownie points for "borrowing" the kids' Christmas gems - I'm sure in most homes it's only the chocolate that's under threat from that! Thanks for playing along at SOSS
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tag!
    I would love to go back to Disney someday and ride the Pirates of the Caribbean ride! It was my favourite (that and Peter Pan) when I was there as a kid in the 70's!
    Thanks for getting your pirate on with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell from the photos if you stitched, faux stitched or scored along the edges, but this detail caught my attention. And those black textures on the top, looking great. Very pirate like in a more teenaged or grownup way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tag! Captures the pirate spirit so perfectly. Thanks for doing the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag, I love the colours and the embellishments are beeeeeeeeeautiful! 'Tis a pirate beauty indeed! Arrrrrrrrrrr! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just WONDERFUL! and the fact that you made it just for our challenge makes me Giddy with delight! Grin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantabuloud Tag!!! love all the elements you used. Thanks for making this just for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stamper for the A is for Arrrgh challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pirate talk! Love the tag! thank you for joining in on the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pirate tag, Mimi!! Love all the details you piled onto it! (OMG! 80's lace!) Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! Congrats on being crowned our QUEEN OF SNARK at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! We'd love it if you'd be our Guest Designer for the next challenge! Check out our blog for all the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic Pirate Tag. Congrat's as the Queen of Snark. :D

    ReplyDelete