Saturday, July 30, 2016

The Swedish Nightingale

This was the result of some playtime and items that just happened to be in reach...



It reminds me of something Beulah Bee would do, though not as completely cool and bold...  (go check out that chick's blog-- she is an artist).  She recently mentioned the people she crafts with... and I felt the same way-- I want to know about them.  Except we can know about Jenny Lind... so interesting.  And yet, maybe not to everyone.  I just love history and thinking of the many lives that have lived on earth, famous, infamous, boring... it all interests me.  History! OMG, help my from nerding-out...

Supplies and notes:

  • First off, I had the little Cuttlebug from Autumn down and while I was playing, I decided to do a partially-embossed tag.  SO FUN!  The tag is from 7 Gypsies.
  • I was messing with multiple projects, and so I had some Seedless Preserves DI on the mat and sopped it up with the par-embossed tag, and did a little wrinkle-free distress
  • I stamped the upper-background with Andrea's grid stamp inked with VersaMark in Champagne... subtle... so nice...
  • The image of Jenny Lind, as well as the write-up was already cut in my scrap caddy, so I grabbed her and went for it.  I affixed both of these pieces with Distress Collage Medium in Matte, pressing from the middle out.
  • The Swedish Nightingale was colored with Pebbles, Inc. chalks from like 2003, actually handed down from a friend
  • I underlined portions of the write-up with a 005 brown Prismacolor pen
  • The swallows are the result of a Fiskars punch, punched into a kraft envelope that was in my garbage!  Bonus: double layer=two birds!  
  • True Hemp twine
  • Added an old Dennison canvas hole-reinforcer and inked it with the remaining Seedless Preserves, then edged the entire tag with Black Soot DI... in hindsight, I shoulda maybe been more heavy-handed here...
Cheers!

How about sharing at Simon Says Anything Goes?  Okay! 


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag. Love it. Thanks for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should flip through those old magazines my aunt left me one more time before throwing them away. They're going back to the 70s. Might find something cool like this...

    ReplyDelete