Sunday, May 15, 2016

Ready for retiform...

The current challenge at Mod Squad is to use the retiform technique:


If you are interested in specifics, look it up.  Basically, intersecting lines of ink (in this case) create a neat interwoven pattern.  It was fun to try.  I reminded me of a grade-school art project involving crayons and erasers.

Supplies and notes:
  • This retiform was done on a piece of photo paper with the following DIs: Festive Berries, Scattered Straw, and Broken China.  (I thought I'd get more cool blending because I used primary colors, but I did not...)
  • I rounded the corners of the panel with a Fiskars punch
  • The little die pieces are from Heidi Swapp
  • The black pearls are from Viva in Anthracite
This will go to a retiree at the school.  not sure which one yet... probably the man...

5 comments:

  1. Looks cool though Mimi, I like the way it is blended, and the colors go well together. very CAS looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woow Mimi this looks like a show lamp on the stage
    cool effect and the color so soft
    I love your sponging style here Mimi
    will CASE ing one day
    biig hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft colors you used and the way you have spot-lighted each section, looks awesome! Then how you added your sentiment in the same shape, so PERFECT! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How retro-fabulous! This is some seriously cool use of inks! Fantastic. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with, Monika, I also immediately thought of lights or lanterns used in a show, love the look and how the colors seem translucent somehow...

    ReplyDelete