Saturday, April 9, 2016

Outside again!

Ahhh, so happy the weather is warming up!




My cheerful spring tag has been in the works for weeks... which makes sense because spring has been on it's way for weeks!

Supplies and notes:

  • Library catalog card base (duh) inked through a Martha Stewart stencil with Distress Ink in Scattered Straw and Rusty Hinge 
  • The grass stamp in the background was stamped with Distress Ink in Shabby Shutters and Forest Moss
  • The "tree" foliage was made with Peeled Paint Distress Paint dabbed right on with the spong applicator
  • The image is from Heartwarming vintage and painted with Tim's crackle paint in Clear Rock Candy.  Prior to crackle-coating, I edged it with ColorBox chalk in Creamy Brown
  • The little birds are Studio Calico veneer pieces
  • The orange ribbon is antique seam binding... did I already tell you guys this?  Okay, brief chat session: I can not walk away from any old seam binding.  I can't.  We have a local thrift store that is great, and they support great causes... but DAMN!-- whoever does their pricing has the same affinity for seam binding that I do!  It's expensive!  I braided the binding with some awesome yarn from Tuesday Morning and some twine saved from a purchase
  • Brads from my stash
I will share this long-coming project at the following challenges:

3 comments:

  1. Going to pull out some more of those library cards and try out my inks and mists this coming weekend. Loved the spring and retro look of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the grass there so cool and the image is really sweet..it can be book mark or a gift hanger...so creative you are dear Mimi...

    ReplyDelete