Sunday, July 26, 2015

Retro Sketches!

I stumbled upon another sketch challenge blog... Awesome!  Retro Sketches Blog has a really cool look, and I just want to go back and back... It's freakin' pure creative work: follow the sketch and have fun. What?! I love it. Here's my *first* attempt... 

Here's the link to Retro Sketch Challenge 174...

...and the sketch is right here:



Here is my take on the sketch... I didn't stray far at all. What I loved the most was burning up scraps from my box of scraps! Yeah!



Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Great take on this weeks sketch! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun color palette for this card - you're right, it's a great scrap user! :) I love the added details you chose, like the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. I am always stoked when I can use the little scraps that I've basically hoarded! Especially, you know, that one inch swath of a favorite paper that you bought 2 years ago and JUST couldn't get rid of because it's unavailable, hahaha

      Delete
    2. I do know! Boy, do I know! I just got married this past fall and when we moved into together and he had to help me lug all those heavy boxes of paper and scraps I was a tiny bit embarrassed - but you NEVER know when you'll need that one little thing that you threw away. LOL!

      Delete